• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Field Ambulance, Field Dressing Station

Reddi

master brummie
Not sure whether this is the correct place to post this request but I will give it a go.
In 1947 the Territorial Army was undergoing change, as part of this, Birmingham was tasked with recruiting 2 Field Force Units for the Royal Army medical Corps, in particular a Field Ambulance and a Field Dressing Station. 147 (Midlands) Field Ambulance & 22 (Western) Field Dressing Station, their HQ being in Acocks Green. Does anyone know exactly where in Acocks Green this was and when did it cease to be "operational".
Many thanks

As an aside June 1962 Honours.
Major L A. J. Hart, was TA officer serving with 22 FD RAMC BIRMINGHAM before war and in 1943 commissioned to 23 FD after serving with 143 FA.

Pedrocut, many thanks for the info. It clears up a conversation I have been involved in with my older brother.

Back