• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Family Tree?

rowan

Born a Brummie
Here is a photo of me and my 3 sons and my Mother, taken in 1964.
The Church in the back ground was where the baby was baptised.

(Note how Grandmother is NOT happy holding the baby!!) :rolleyes:

A lovely photo Rowan your son's are adorable. Where was the picture taken.

The photo was taken opposite my Mother's house in Hayle Cornwall the church is Phillack Church.

I was 24 years old and was in the middle of a separation.

My Mother was not too happy about the situation and she was not fond of children either...........especially babies in fact she disliked them all together :( Oh well...........they were and are my pride and joy :)

Rowan that is such a shame but I know it happened, being a doting granny I find it difficult to understand. I have recently made contact with a lady who was the daughter of my cousin. I never knew she existed. I only saw my cousin once. The lady told me her grandparents divorced that was my Aunt. She said her father had to choose which parent he went with aged five(can you believe that). He chose his father whether this upset my aunt I don't know. The lady told me she only remembered visiting her gran once and she made more fuss of the family dog! She was lucky though because the lady her grandfather eventually married was a lovely gran to her and her sister. I felt quite upset when she told me her story. I also found a couple of photo's of my father with an unknown boy, now I know it was this lady's father my cousin. At least he was happy in later life and married a lovely lady and had two lovely daughters. Sadly like my own father he died young. Heart trouble is the scourge of our family!

GREAT Rowan, any photos of our kids & grankids are SPECIAL as WE know to well, the only thing is they grow so quick & that special time is so short!!!
Rode Our bike up to the BUCKET OF BLOOD for lunch many times when down your way.

Back