• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Family photos found

What a great story ! And the photos are fantastic...well done to all concerned.

Margaret.

froth i know im knocking on a bit but i aint that old lol

chuffed to bits margaret...one of the pics shows clara chapman..if you go to the manor house nechells thread the story continues...i really cant write all this info down fast enough..so grateful to everyone who has helped me..

lyn

how wonderful!!!!
I met a cousin who gave me a photo of my paternal grandmother - even my mother never met her so I can relate to how you feel. You look at their faces and start thinking and ................
wonderful!!!

Lyn and Lynne, thats brilliant news and all those lovely pics too, bet you are both chuffed - will have to look for the family likeness at the next meet lol!! :))
I also got some additions to my family tree and found previously unknown rels in Oz, who have just met with dads cousin who was born over there when her mom and dad emigrated in 1920, so to anyone else family searching, keep yours eyes on shared trees on genealogy sites, for those who want to share their heritage.
Sue

Wow Lyn these pictures are brilliant, I am so pleased you have got them - well done to Lynne Web for finding them for you and also how lovely that you have found out you are related in some way. I have really enjoyed looking at them - thank you for sharing them with us.
Also I can't wait to hear your news after you have been to the archives - can you hurry up and go please!!!!

thanks pol..i really am so very lucky..just goes to show what i always say is right...they are out them somewhere and they seem to turn up when least expected..certainly put me in a tizz...

kel if your mom was a drinking lady she would be down the pub with me now but as she is not maybe she will settle for a cuppa at mine next week...

This is amazing Lyn and how lucky you are to be able to see all these great photos and
fill in so many unanswered gaps. There are so many people from past decades who have no photos
at all and it is so difficult to know much family history without at least a few. Thanks for sharing them with us.

what a nice story, certainly brightens up a dull day.

Really pleased for you, what a great find and as you say, it's all out there somewhere.

Photobucket blocked the images in this thread but they have been recovered for replacement in the original posts.
Post#2
2Capture35.jpg
Post#3
3Capture36.jpg
Post#4
4Capture37.jpg
Post#5
5Capture38.jpg
Post#6
6Capture39.jpg
Post#7
7Capture40.jpg
Post#8
8Capture41.jpg
Post#9
9Capture42.jpg
Post#10
10Capture43.jpg
Post#11
11Capture44.jpg
Post#16
16Capture45.jpg

All photos are back in their places. Thanks Phil.

Lyn - lovely photos. Looks like they weren't short of a bob or two. Viv.

many thanks phil and viv..nice to have them back...yes viv i reckon back then they were ok for money..wouldnt say mega rich but ok..

lyn

many thanks phil and viv..nice to have them back...yes viv i reckon back then they were ok for money..wouldnt say mega rich but ok..

lyn
Wow, how lucky you are to be able to see all of these photo's and in such good condition. I can't imagine too many people had the means to be able to afford a camera in those days. They really are lovely and I have enjoyed looking at them and the details of the clothes and styles of the year. They were a good looking bunch!!! So pleased for you . CHINCH.

thanks crinch...i dont have the orignals as they were on a family tree on ancestry ...chuffed to bits to have them:)

lyn

Last edited:
just to add that post 3 and 16 show the wedding of francis winifred harrington to gus...his full name was gustav adolfe shultze and he was german and is living in guest st on the 1911 in a lodging house occupation razor maker...how brave of them to get married in 1915 with ww1 going on a decision not taken lightly i would think and of course still married during ww2...their marriage lasted for over 50 years...:)

Lyn - Brilliant story and photos. It is so nice to have the photos and know who they are. I have photos, obviously family, but no names - so frustrating. My cousin (well second cousin, found via Ancestry as we had lost touch with her Mom) and I have tried to work out who some are.

i know janice...its the group photos that are so frustrating...we may know who the main characters are and also know that some if not all of the others are ancestors but which ancestors:rolleyes:

lyn

Back