Yes the fire tender was driven into the P6 trim shop stores area north works, and after another roller door at the far end of area was opened an inrush of air caused a flashover, this ignited all the foam and trim material plus all the glue tins, as well igniting a dravo oil heater in the ceiling, the resulting blaze melted the aluminuim body of the land rover appliance.
This is a told to me by a crew member involved.
I was told by a crew member at the time Ted Massey, that he was doing a patrol and upon entering the trim shop air rushed into it as he opened the door and fire sprang up. apparently it must have been burning then smouldering for at least 5 hours, the period between patrols. He slammed the door shut and ran the short distance to the station, no radio's then. By the time the crew got there as has been said the p;ace was an inferno near the seat of the fire.
I was shown photo's of a set of spanners melted onto the concrete floor, all the steel girders were buckled, the temperature for this to happen has to exceed 1,015 C.
A cat and kittens all in a line, burnt to a crisp whilt legging it.