• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Ex-pubs

printmeister

master brummie
First 2 pics are The Dingle in Northfield... soon to be flattened, no doubt.
Then 2 pics of The Beeches in Northfield... the bulldozers were active as I was taking the photo.

Attachments

• beeches.JPG
    beeches.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Northfield The Dingle Frankley Beeches Rd B31.jpg
    Northfield The Dingle Frankley Beeches Rd B31.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 6
  • beeches 2.JPG
    beeches 2.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 5
  • beeches.JPG
    beeches.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi John thanks for posting..Me and Tom live not far from these two pubs and we have both said it is such a shame the buildings could not have been used for something rather than just knocking them down..The Beeches really was a lovely building.(even if as a pub it was prone to trouble)and could so easily have been preserved

It's a real shame. The architect of The Beeches was Ewen Harper, who also designed the Methodist Central Hall in Corporation St.

fair amount of ground on both sites...no doubt more apartments...brings in the money see.....

lyn:(

It looks to me as if the central doorway frontage of the Beeches is either going to be incorporated into a new building or its going to be salvaged and rebuilt somewhere else.

I can see no other reason why it would have been left standing like that and scaffolded. Normally it would have been demolished with the rest of the building.

Phil

Back