• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Erdington Hall School Ryland Road

Austin K2

master brummie
Anyone looking on this forum that used to go to Ryland Road School, Erdington 1942 to 1952, please get in touch.
Would love to re-contact any of my old schoolmates, especially Billy Kane.
Others would be Peter Owl, Maurice Carty/Carter, Warwick Brown and others.:friendly_wink:

I was in the infants from about 1949/50 to 1956/7. The only names I remember are Margaret Coley and Georgina Redding (her Dad had butcher shops) and I took her ice skating once but I was terrible!
I know Frothblower attended the school as well.

David,
I was at Ryland Road between 1942 and 1952 (December), so a little before your time there.
I was heading to go out while you were just coming in.

I attended that school, infants and juniors. We always called it Erdington Hall school. Ryland road was the back of the school Bracebridge road was at the front. Both roads led into Erdington Hall road.

My friend Brian Harris was there in the early- to mid-fifties. He and I lived next door to each other in Erdington Hall Road
We've lost contact many years ago when he moved to Chester Road and I to Northern Ireland. Does anyone remember him?

Back