Lovely little read interesting article on the seed of the building along with the history."By January 1937, Norman and Dawbarn had been authorised to finalise the design drawings, which appear to have been completed by June 1937. In October that year Holst and Co. Ltd. were appointed for the reinforced concrete construction work, with Richard Crittall and Co. Ltd. for the panel heating system, and Henry Hall and Son Ltd. for the metal windows. The entire expenditure on the project would amount to around £360,000. " [From Historic England]
It was nice to see that a lot of travel was involved to help in the decision of the final look 360,000.00 lot of money back then.