• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Electoral Roll Look up for Albert E Price 1893 - c1945

Phil Price

master brummie
Albert E Price was born in 1893 and I'm trying to find out where he lived prior to his death, which I think was in 1945.
Married in 1911, he lived in a number of places with his family in Harborne. Any assistance would be appreciated or advice on how to look this up myself.

:)

Hi, there are several Albert E Price's on the Electoral Roll,can you give his wife's name,please,as it may make it easier to find the correct one.

1920 just Albert Edward listed at 128 Hampton Court Road,Harborne
1922 Albert Edward and Millie Price
1925-1930 at 128 Hampton Court Road,Harborne
Albert Edward and Millicent Price
1935 same address with the addition of Edwin Joseph Price
1939 at 80 Quinton Road West
Albert Edward and Millicent Price,Edwin Joseph Price,Albert William Price and Frank Howard Price
1945 at 256 Tennal Lane
Albert Edward and Millicent Price,Ronald Price and Millicent G Roberts
1950 at 256 Tennal Lane
Millicent Price,Jean K Price and Geoffrey Price
1955 at 256 Tennal Lane
Millicent Price and Mary E L Price

Was Millicent a friend of Albert's sister Emily, by any chance? They were both chocolate coverers in 1911,presumably at Cadbury's?

Last edited:
LadyLinda, everything here stacks up as I would know it. (Edwin Joseph was my Dad). Fantastic, thank you. How would I go about finding that level of information?

Many thanks for your help. I have a few more similar enquiries about my Aunts & Uncles so I'll investigate that site.

Hi Ladylinda, Following up on the information you provided to me, I had a look through some of my Grandmothers pictures that I have in my possesion. There is one of her with two small children standing at the front garden gate of a house numbered 128. I have often wondered where this would have been and I can now put that as 128 Hampton Court Road. Given the dates they were at that address it also indicates to me how old she might have been at that time (between 32 - 40). I would think she's nearer 32 which would indicate who the two children were likely to be. This is fabulous as it is helping me to build the missing picture around my Dad's life. I have googled this addess and whilst there are changes to the garden, the only other changes to the property appears to be just the windows and front door. Great stuff, thank you.

Here's her birth
Births Sep 1890
Millicent Armishaw King's N. 6c 455

Births Dec 1911
Kenneth E Price mmn Armishaw King's N. 6c 778
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Sep 1912
Illsley W Price mmn Armishaw King's N. 6c 816
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Dec 1913
Edwin J Price mmn Armishaw Kings N. 6d 179
Births Mar 1915
Muriel W Price mmn Armishaw Kings N. 6d 69
Births Dec 1915
Albert W Price mmn Armishaw Kings N. 6d 140
Births Mar 1917
Frank H Price mmn Armishaw Kings N 6d 150
Births Jun 1921
Ronald Price mmn Armishaw King's N. 6d 174
Births Sep 1923
Norman J Price mmn Armishaw Kings N. 6d 146
Births Jun 1926
Geoffrey Price mmn Armishaw Birmingham S 6d 246
Births Sep 1931
Mary E L Price mmn Armishaw Birmingham S. 6d 244

Last edited:
Marriages Sep 1936
Illsley W Price married Gladys G Goodwin Birmingham 6d 616
Marriages Dec 1949
Illsley W Price Kathleen M Price Birmingham 9c 651
Illsley W Price Kathleen M Gorin Birmingham 9c 651
1935 at 58 Tiverton Road
Illsley Price,Jesse Price and Ada Price
1945 at 72 Chelston Road
Illsley Price,Gladys Price