• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Edward Kirk & Hannah Carpenter

cuddrm

I'm trying to confirm whether the marriage of Edward Kirk to Hannah Carpenter at St. Martins on October 14th 1776 is the one I'm looking for. I believe that Hannah came from Bromsgrove, born there in 1749 and Edward was from Leicestershire, parish unknown. They were to be found in Kirkby Mallory, Leicestershire between 1780 & 1783 after which Edward died and Hannah remarried to William Day, also from Bromsgrove. My copy of the St Martins DVD appears to be damaged as it does not load :-( so I was hoping some kind soul could look this marriage up to see what details may or may not be given. Many thanks in advance!

hi cuddrm, the only info on the original is that edward kirk was a bachelor "of this parish" and hannah carpenter was a spinster "of this parish".

married by banns. signed with a cross. witnesses were william and ann allton , who signed their names.

hope this helps in some way.

Hi Shera,

Many thanks for your quick response - I'd been hoping for a mention of another parish but I'm still confident that it's the marriage I've been looking for.

Best regards,
Richard

Back