• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Edgbaston Marriage 1833

Ewan

master brummie
I don't think I have requested this one previously, I have searched on the search facility and I don't think I have. I do apologise in advance if I have though.:)

Does anyone have details of the marriage between a John Brotherton Cox and an Eliza Rosbee that took place on the 31 March 1833 at Edgbaston?

Many thanks
Ewan

hurrah ewan, i can rarely find these marriages as i only have a few years for edgbaston but this one is there. only bad thing is there is hardly anything extra recorded.

31 march 1833 john brotherton cox to eliza ROXBEE

witnesses mary roxbee and samuel walker

thats it im afraid

theres a marriage at st. martins which you could be interested in

samuel walker of this parish bachelor and mary roxbee of this parish spinster were married 30 sep 1834

witnesses were john brotherton cox, eliza cox and martha clements?

Thank you once again for your help Shera, I find a marriage of a Cox in the hope of finding witnesses to the wedding being another Cox to give me another lead but they usually turn out to be related to the other partner, so therefore no more Cox leads. Thank you also for the details of the marriage at St Martins.

What a coincidence also that both couples were witnesses to each others weddings, I suppose it happened a lot back then perhaps not so much these days.

This lot seemed to be centred around Edgbaston, St Phillips and St Martins. A Thomas Cox and a Sarah Hickin were also married at Edgbaston in 1830 (I think that he is related some how to the John Brotherton Cox whose marriage details you gave me to Eliza Roxbee, but I don't know how at the moment).:rolleyes: Thomas Cox then went on to marry a Hannah Hicken in 1840 at St Martins.

Just a thought Shera, I don't suppose you have details of a burial of a Sarah Cox 1838 from Edgbaston possibly at a guess aged 25 to 35?

Thank you
Ewan

i dont have the burial records for edgbaston. checked the st. martins for 1836-1839 but nothing found

Back