• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Dymoke Street etc

Pomgolian

Kiwi Brummie
Mike, that map of Gooch St, would you please have the bit of that area that covers a little more over the bottom right hand corner? The part that would take in William Edward St, Angelina St, Conybere St and Dymoke St.

Chris/Pom :angel:

Re: Does anyone have a detailed map of Gooch St?

Is this ok?

I am not very good with the picture bit on this site. I can't seem to get any photo I want to add to my postings to attatch. However, even more annoying is that I too have family in Bishop Street, no 25/27, and would love to be able to look at the maps posted on this thred. But if I click on the thumbnail what I get is too out of focus or too small to read.

I have tried a magnifying glass, putting on taking off my verifocals all to no avail. Would it be better if I printed the enlarged thumbnail or saved it somewhere?

Any suggestions?
Helen

Click On Picture

When Picture Opens, Look At The Bottom Of The Picture It Says OPEN ORIGINAL

Click On OPEN ORIGINAL

Then Once It Opens You Should Be Able To Expand The Picture by Further Clicking On It

HOPE THIS HELPS

This works in Internet Explorer and Safari I presume Firefox too?

I can always email you a section if you have further difficulties?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey! turns out if I print off the enlarged thumbnail I can read it. Fantastic, only problem the map that includes Bishop Street misses off the top end of it, any chance I could see all of it?

Sorry to be a nuisance

Helen

Helen
When you click on the thumbnail, do you get a slightly enlarged picture with a black margin around it , with some writing on the black margin at the bottom ?
If so, then you should be able to click again on where it says "open original" to enlarge it to full size. Hope this helps
mike

Hi Rod that's great, I can see the two old houses we lived in during the 1950's that were next to the Factory that went right through from William Edward St to Dymoke St.

Chris/Pom :angel:

Brilliant map could see where my house was and my school,

Back