• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

dunlop xmas party..

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
nice photo this...dunlop christmas party...1960s.....wonder if anyone recognises any of the kids on it....

lyn

pic courtesy of carl chinn

lol froth..bet the kids on that table were hoping no more turned up....seconds for them....

lyn

Smashing memories and photo's I remember those early 50's Christmas partys and pantomines at the "Birmetals" Bartley Green nearly identical, one year even had Mr Pastry. Thanks
paul

Yep.. got a few of these myself, I wonder what happened to all the photo's taken by the Dunlop Photographic Dep't?

In the photograph, the man on the left with the party hat, leaning over was my Dad and I'm the little one half hidden. He worked at Dunlop for 30 or so years in B Block and always helped organise the Christmas party. His name was Sid Atkins if anyone remembers him..I guess the chairs are empty because it was so squashed!

... and here's another one. The girl at the front holding the bottle is my wife, Gail, with her sister Angela and their brother, Tony to the next to them. Their Dad, Patrick Mulvey, worked there in the 50s-60s. Dunno what the department was, he only ever referred to it as the "Black Hole".

how marvilous to see your dear dad Gillian, must bring back many happy memories, really good picture Oisin the lad behind your wife looks really serious for a Christmas party.
paul

Image134.jpg

Back