• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Drape coats and black drainpipes

Pete Elliott

knowlegable brummie
Does anyone remember the chap who was in the market behind the outside mark stalls who sold clothes from his indoor stall, I think he was Jewish and his name was Joshua I think,I used to get my black drainpipe jeans and drape coats from him ( 1969-1973) the jeans were tied in bundles with neckties, one day I was there and a young lad came to the stall and wanted a suit jacket to where for a wedding , Josh gave him a few jackets to try on and he found one he liked but was obviously much to big for him, Josh convinced him he was not standing up straight and with the obligatory gathering of excess material behind the lads back , and with my input of telling him you looked great the sale was closed and he went off as happy as Larry and I got a discount on a drape jacket from the special stock under the stall , happy days indeed

Back