• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Dooley Thomas born Ireland 1917

nijinski

master brummie
please can anyone tell me when thomas dooley born 1917 in ireland came to birmingham. he moved to somewhere around witton or rotten park. julia gough moved in roughly the same area. from ireland. they later met and married. did she live with her sister mary gough who met and married a patrick devlin and did he live in the area. i would be grateful for any information.thank you.

Re: relative look up

There was a Thomas Dooley listed at 90 Summer Rd,Edgbaston in 1955 and 1960 with a Patrick J Devlin, Mary Devlin and Sheila Dooley.
48 Gough Road 1950 a Thomas Dooley with a Sheila Dooley.
19 Moorsom Street also 1960 a Thomas Dooley with a Sheila Dooley.
Julia Gough and Mary Gough listed at 54 City Rd in 1947.
There is a Julia Dooley listed with family at 108 Summer Rd 1947-1960

Re: Thomas Dooley born Ireland 1917

thanks ladylinda. it helps to fill in some gaps. my earliest chiildhood memories go back to moorsom st.can you tell me the family names of julia gough108 summer rd please. do you have any earlier information on thomas dooley and julia gough thanks again.

1945 at 108 Summer Rd
Augustine Dooley, Julia Dooley,Catherine E Dooley
1947 at 108 Summer Rd
Augustine Dooley, Julia Dooley,Catherine E Dooley(and James and Julia Garvey)
1950 at 108 Summer Rd
Augustine Dooley, Julia Dooley,Catherine E Dooley,Michael Dooley, Anne T Dooley
1955 at 108 Summer Rd.
Augustine Dooley, Julia Dooley,Catherine E Dooley,Michael Dooley
1950 at 108 Summer Rd
Julia M Dooley,Michael Dooley,Bridget Dooley
I can see no further info on Thomas and Julia,though.

thanks for that ladylinda nothing to do with my family. just a coincidence in this case. thanks again.

Not sure this is the same tom dooley but my grandad same name married a julia gough they lived on manor road stechford for sometime before his passing in 1970

Surely this can't be the Tom Dooley in the old Lonnie Donegan hit - he was hanged.

Back