• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Doo Dah

Brenda

master brummie
I don't know why I say this, but when referring to the microwave I usually call it the Doo Dah. Does anyone know where I may have got this expression from please?

Same reason why everything in our house is either called "The whatsit" or "The thingybob"..............:rolleyes:

memory loss:D

Well, in our house things are called 'The dopherator'! No idea where it came from, I just remember my sister and I used the word as teenagers.

POM :angel:

I thought that 'doo dah' is what the Camp Town Ladies sang.

sing all the night,
sing all the day,
bet my money on a bob tailed nag,
somebody bet on the bay.

Ok. all together from the top...

and John Cleese in Fawlty Towers :D When he bet on the horse Dragonfly
Mrs. Richards lost her money

Prior to the above mentioned song, it used to be 'doo-dad(s)' although I have no idea as to the true meaning, or origin.

Back