• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Displays At New Street Station

pigeonbasher1

hi, im'e new to the forum, names ray, got a question for you all please, im'e 70 years old, live in shirebrook nr mansfield nott's, here goes, when i was 12/13 years old i used to travel to bridgenorth shropshire to my eldest brother who was a gamekeeper, jump on bus to chesterfield, train to birmingham new st station, heres the question, im'e sure that on the bridge thing that you walk over to change platforms, (dont know what there called sorry, im'e pretty certain that there was display cabinets with various shotguns on display, please tell me im'e not dreaming, atb ray

Hi ray, welcome.

I do recall there were some display cabinet at the old new street station. The one I remember was from the Moss Gear company and had a collection of their gears etc.

I am sure that other manufactures would have also had display cases, as tis was how they advertised in those days.

I think “the bridge thing that you walk over to change platforms” is called the concourse.

Hi pigeonbasher1
That display probably fueled one of my life long passions but i thought the display was on the platform somewhere by the machine for punching out metal name tags, not sure if it just had shotguns ,but there may have been more than one display .
Ogri

Back