• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Di Poppitt

Pomgolian

Kiwi Brummie
Once again I am sad to inform member of the BHF of the passing of an early long time member and contributor of the BHF. Di Poppitt
Di was a really lovely person with whom I had the pleasure to meet up with among many others of the forum when I was over in Brum in 2007.
My condolences go out to her daughter Sally, her son and all the members of her family R.I.P. my friend a truly lovely lady and friend.

I am so sorry to hear of this. She was a long-serving member from long before I joined the forum and contributed in many ways to our community

That is sad news Chris, she was a member of the Aston Brook site when it started all those years ago, then a member of this forum when Rod started this up, she will be sadly missed.

i am sad to read that. Di has passed away Rest in peace and god bless her my Condolences to her family.

R.I.P, Di, remembering all the fun we had on the forum all those years ago, you will be sadly missed. Alberta

I am really very sorry indeed to hear this. Di was a wonderful Forum member of very long-standing and contributed much.

She once provided me with a lot of fascinating information about her father-in-law, Harry Poppit, and his life in Birmingham during WW2, as Works Manager at M.B. Wild, in the ARP and as an officer in the Home Guard. The resulting article in his memory has been online for many years. And now we remember her fondly too.

My sincere condolences to her family.

Chris

How sad, another great member gone, a painter like myself. RIP Di. Eric

There's a thread below with links to some of Di's work

So very sad to hear of DI’s passing! My condolences and blessings to her family and close friends. May she rest in eternal peace. Thank you DI for all of your well thought contributions to The Forum!

My deepest conolences go out to all the family and friends of Di and may she rest in peace.
I had the very great pleasure of meeting her at a meet up, and she confirmed what i already knew,
that she was a very nice person and a real Lady.
Look up at the sky and the brightest star will be our own " Lady Di "
God Bless, R.I.P.

Back