• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Derrington William Edwin Wife of

M

mand

Hi, can anyone help? I am trying to find maiden name of Ann (1827-1891) she married William Edwin Derrington (1825-1890) and they had 7 children, the edest was born 1848. I can't find a marriage listed - any one know different?
I would love to know her maiden name and if pos he name of her parents.
Anyone else trying to find Derringtons from Aston?

Mand:D

Re: Wife of William Edwin Derrington

Hi Mand :) William Edwin Derrington married Sarah Dent in 1843
West Bromwich register Oct/Nov/Dec quarter Volume 18 page 668

Sarah probably preferred Ann,, well gals do change there names around eh!
Cheers M,dears John Y :cool:

thank again John:rolleyes:, wasn't expecting that, that would make her the one and only Sarah in the family! probably changed to Ann to bend in with the rest of them:D

Hi John,

How do you know William Edwin married Sarah? I looked on the list and it only gives one name. Sorry if this is a really silly question, but as I said before, i've only just started this game and its all a bit of a mystery!:beam:

Hi, I am doing the Derrington family tree and have William Edwin Derrington married Ann Gumley in 1843
They had two daughters : Alice who married Charles John Perks 1886
and Selina.
William Edwin's parents were John Derrington and Jane Parr who married in 1824.

Hope that helps.

Back