• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Dennis John Norton's Photographs

Morturn

Super Moderator
Staff member
Following on from the Phyllis Nicklin tread, who left us with a priceless legacy that will benefit all of us who have a fascination with the past.

Lets also enjoy the incredible images taken by Dennis John Norton or D J Norton as we have come to know him, and his amazing collection of railway related photographs.

https://photobydjnorton.com/

What I really love about this site is that his son has posted most of the collection online, and is happy to share his legacy for the benefit of all. Indeed a supreme act of generosity, for which I sincerely thank him.

I totally agree Morturn I love DJ Norton's photo's. His son has done a brilliant job, putting his pictures on the web in a searchable data base.

I wholeheartedly agree with the previous two posters, the DJN web site is fascinating. I came a cross it a couple of years ago - probably a link from here. His son makes a most fitting tribute to his father post sharing with others.

Isn't Dennis John Norton's son Mark a member of this forum with the user name "fatmark" I remember reading a few of his posts a few years back?

Another great source. And like Phyllis Nicklin (and our own Mikejee) so glad they had the foresight to record places on film. Makes you realise how important it is to continue to take photos carrying on into the future, as indeed our member Ell Brown does. Birmingham has in the last 20 years seen so much change again, it's good to see young people actively doing this work and following in their footsteps. Viv.

I have a load of his photo's of 50's Birmingham , trams , and steam trains and midland railways, they are a time warp, back to a lovelier time.Paul

I agree with what's been said before, another fantastic collection of old pictures. Some of Dennis's pictures have been used on the Warwickshire railways site.

Back