• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Deciphering a Name please

i must say that poirot..sherlock holmes and agathie christie has got nowt on the clever members on this forum...lol..

lyn

I must say that this is The site for help and knowledge!!!! What a great bunch of people - Well done all. (Although I just can't see the "C") - pardon the pun:)

Off to have a look at the census details now I've finished cleaning:)

Best Regards all

Suzanne

dont put yourself down lynne..ive just read your post 9...looks like you got it smack on...:encouragement:

And if we need any more evidence have a gander at this:)

Suzanne

Attachments

• JosephCharlesGell.jpg
    JosephCharlesGell.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 18
And notice of his funeral in 1900

Suzanne

Attachments

• FuneralJosephCharlesGell.jpg
    FuneralJosephCharlesGell.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 9
Much easier Lyn having the name supplied for me:) At least if anyone else is wondering who he is when he appears on one of their certificates they will find the answer on this site (as always) :)

Back