• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Dauncey Family

Jules65

master brummie
My Dauncey ancestors came to Birmingham sometime between 1871 and 1881. As far as I can tell the first one to come was an Alfred Dauncey b1858 in Eastington.

He married a Clara Fanny Jackson on 7.4.1890.

I have found the family on the 1891 census. He was a coffin maker and lived at 4 Fordrough Street, Birmingham.

He had a son George Daniel Dauncey who was born 18.4.1891. He was my grandfather. My own father never talked about any cousins or aunts, uncles etc. If anyone has any information on this family it would be much appreciated.

I do know Alfred Dauncey's brother came to Birmingham and married here. His name of Joseph Dauncey. I think he lived with his wife Mary in Kings Norton. They had two sons Arnold Joseph b1880 and Charles Wilfred b1879. I would love to know if there are any descendants of Arnold and Charles still in Birmingham.

I hope I have posted this thread in the correct place, but am very new to this and apologise in advance if I have posted incorrectly.
:)

Hello Jules, if you have not done so.....Put into your search bar... Dauncey Family Tree..... I HAVE JUST DONE IT THROUGH GOOGLE SEARCH There are five sites for you to look at... Cat

I have just put in... Dauncey family tree Birmingham...

and there are a lot more. Happy Hunting

Last edited by a moderator:
Back