• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cresswell Arthur of Kings Heath

cresser

master brummie
Hi, I am trying to find anything at all concerning my G/Father, who lived in Kings Heath. His name was Arthur Cresswell, and he lived at 85 Silver Street, K/H. In 1923, Arthur married Lily May Barrett, who lived next door at number 83. After Lily died in 1924, Arthur re-married, to Martha Florence Bridge, nee, Harris, and apparently moved to number 10 Waterloo Road. From the small amount I have found out about Arthur, he served with the Royal Engineers during WW1, afterwards he worked for the `Corporation`, for some years. He was also (apparently again!), a bit of a regular in the pubs of Kings Heath, particularly I believe, the Hare & Hounds.
Would anyone out there know anything about him, I never got to meet Arthur, although I was eight years old when he died in 1962, but I think I would have liked to, he sounded a bit of a character. Thanks.

Re: Arhtur Cresswell of Kings Heath

[SIZE=+1]Surname/Name/Spouse/area/Vol/Page[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Marriages Mar 1923 [/SIZE]
Barrett Lily M Cresswell King's N. 6d176
Cresswell Arthur Barrett King's N. 6d176
Here's the reg' of his first marriage to Lily, if you get the certificate it will have lots of info' on it.
We may then be able to find his birth reg' and info' on his parents and siblings too. If that's what you need...

Pom

I wonder if this is him:
Name: Arthur Frederick B Cresswell
Year of Registration: 1899
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
District: Aston (1837-1924)
County: Warwickshire
Volume: 6d
Page: 257

Probably best not to speculate until fathers name found from marriage certificate
Arthur used no other names on marriage info

possibilities could be

Arthur Cresswell March 1900 Birmingham
Arthur Cresswell June 1900 Aston

Back