• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Could anyone help to repair this photo of my Dad and his friends please?

bewdley

master brummie
This is a photo I've recently come across of my dad, my mum says it was when they met up after demob 1946/47 ish (she has dementia so I can't be certain what she says is correct, bless her).

I haven't got a clue where it was taken, perhaps someone recognises the background although there is not much to see. On the back is written Pat Wilkie, Norman Payne, Joe Heaney (my dad) and Reg Wigley, who I think is at the back as my dad is on the front right.

Thanks

2015-01-03 12.57.14.jpg2015-01-03 12.57.27.jpg

Wow Morturn that's amazing, thank you so much. I have no idea where the picture was taken, I'm kinda hoping someone on here may recognise the background.

Here is a pic of mum and dad on their wedding day in October 1946 with my aunt, Violet Eccles nee Nevey, in the background. Violet and her hubby, Mum's brother Joseph, were their witnesses as mum's parents were dead. It was taken the day after dad's demob and he wore his demob suit.

2015-01-03 12.49.19.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-01-03 12.49.19.jpg
    2015-01-03 12.49.19.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 14
Most of you who know me know that I have a fascination with images, I am a very visual person and love photos like this. Images like this hold both public and a private meanings. These images can tell us quite a lot about how people, our ancestors lived their lives and answer questions like what were the things that were important to them.

Funny really but I now this was war time, yet I love the simplicity of how people lived their lives. It looks like a simple straightforward wedding, two people, their love for each other shining through, and most importantly it their wedding.

Think i'm getting carried away now, so ill shut up.

Back