• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Cotterill

V

Valerie

I know this is a long shot, perhaps posted in the wrong place, but i would like to trace Vivienne Cotterill.
She lived in Tamworth and made bridal gowns privately, her husband is/was called Barry and i cant remember where he worked but he did play guitar in a local group.

My recollections of their house was that a stream ran at the bottom of the garden and it was near the famous canal and im sure when we walked the dogs there was a large park/amusement park close by.
We all 4 went for a meal at a pub called the 3 little pigs or 3 pigs.

I only drove ther once in the mid 80s other times i went on the train as i would not find my way round some big roundabout they jokingly called "the egg "
Someone must know of her, she made the most superb bridal dresses

Val.

Viv and i lost contact when i moved house in 1998.

Hello & welcome Val (& Viv) :)

There has been quite a bit of recent "Cotterill" posting on here lately,
last few days especially so may i suggest that you P M the ppl who
posted the other referals "Cotterill",,maybe they will know them?
Cheers & good luck, John Y :cool:

ps,,like the "wherever i want to live",, Yo, nice 1

Last edited:
Sorry to sound dim but i can only find 1 other post refering to the name Cotterill.
Can you point me in the correct direction please, someone, anyone.

Yo fast Mike-G m8 :) Yes Mand do as Mike suggests,
There ar 11 references to Cotterill in "Posts" section,(including yours)
& 6 refs to the "Threads",, it takes a while to get used to any site &
how to use it to best advantages,,so you,re only as daft as rest of us,,
Cheers John Y :cool:

Valerie have you looked in the Tamworth telephone directory? they may still live in the area, and you do have their full names, which should be a big help.

Viv I think the area you are talking about is Amington and the pub is The Pretty Pigs which is situated near a lake. You may do better to write to The Tamworth Herald and put a notice on their letters page.

Valerie, I've sent you an 'Instant Message', Try contacting them and
if the two I've sent arn't who you want... go to the link and try others on there.

Pom :angel:

Hello VAL, :) TRY... The Tamworth forum, there maybe someone on there that knows her or you can leave a message...Cat:)

Back