• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Coral Reef.

robert

master brummie
Can anyone confirm that the Adelphi cinema hay mills became the coral reef night club or where else it may have been
Thanks Robert

Thanks A Sparkes . It was an allotment coversation yesterday, someone said the picture house became a disco after closure others said it was a builders merchants Youve cleared that up on both counts.
Robert

After it was a cinema, I remember it being used for some rock concerts. I remember seeing an advertisement outside for the American group, Three Dog Night (Mama told me not to come) appearing there. Probably around 1970, 1971.
I also remember going there to see the film The Tommy Steel Story, and Tommy's film The Duke Who Wore Jeans in about 1958.I was a big fan of Tommy then, even though I was only at junior school.
Wasn't it also turned into a Muslim mosque or Sikh temple during the late 1970s.

Last edited:
Back