• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

computer art

Hello Peter,
Thanks for your kind remarks, I have done a couple of designs just to
amuse myself really.
Here they are, I would be only too happy to do more if no one else minded and I was given a brief that doesn't infringe any copyright.
I'm sure other members have their own ideas, and if the problem of translating them onto paper is an issue I would gladly do that for them.
Maybe if that transpired we could all have a vote for our favourite,
me opting out so as not to appear biased.
At the end of the day it's up to Jim I think to request it, he may have other plans.
Regards John (any plans to visit Brighton again).

Phil,
Yes you are right about this lot down here, I've been in Brighton 16 years now and they still take the P out of my accent.
They say things like "there's a chappie over the road who comes from the same place as you", when I ask where from, they'll say "Dudlay", no I've not spelt it wrong thats the way they say it.
John.

John

I in my few short visits to Brighton I always found the residents of that City very pleasant and helpful towards Midlanders, but there again being a visitor who was spending money why wouldn't they be.

No, I was referring to that place we call our capitol city. A place where myself and my city of origin have been openly insulted to my face. What makes it worse is this happens once I have said where I come from. This after being asked " I don't recognise your accent, where do you come from" As soon as I reply "Birmingham" That is when it usually starts with some smug insulting remark about Birmingham.

By the way John the artwork is outstanding, keep up the good work.

Phil

Hi Phil,
Yes you are right about the Britonians, not meant to demean them, they always say it in a laughable way, tongue in cheek like.

Hello John, the forum header looks a treat, do you think that our new motto could be incorporated somewhere, perhaps the shield, " NULLI SECUNDUS "
Once again many thanks for your efforts.
Jim
:wave:

"Nulli Secundus". Wasn't that the name of a small industrial steam loco that stood by the mighty "City of Birmingham" in the much missed Science Museum down Newhall Street?

Thanks John, am really impressed with the header and badge. For me we don't need look any further for new ones. Like the chocolate bars too!
Mike

Back