• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Comedians

Luluco

master brummie
Can anyone recall Tom Curley? Born John Thomas Curley. He was a comedian working the clubs in 1940 through to 1967 when he died aged 49. His partner was a lady called Jean who played the accordion. He may have been part of an act called Barrow Boys?

i rememember tom curly and his family his mother was murdered
the person whom murered her her got a life sentence ,many years ago and as life sentences is about 15 years he will be probaly be still alive and kicking there again he could be dead is self or walking free .
he went back to her house in peel st winson green put her on the bed when he murdered her and set fire to the bed she was badley burned thank god for the neibours whom was good in peel st them das called the fir brigade and recoverd her
bunrt body he was soon apprended by the police in two days and got life .

Anyone remember a comedy team called KIRBY & HAYES? I would be about fourteen and my Mom and Dad took me to see them at The Aston Hipp. I am now getting on a bit, and am fortunate enough to have worked in the entertainment industry for some time. I found one half of the comedy team some years ago, a lovely chap named Sid Kirby. We have ben friends now for a number of years. He's in his eighties but still a really funny guy. They appeared at Aston Hipp in 1950.

HI THERE
do not remember wether or not i mentioned in previous thread that tommy curly
was a very good and close friend of my brother dave ; they was always together
they even went into the old bull ring and went into a recording booth to sing a song together
we started to call them the peter and gordan team because they looked like that in those days
my young brother whom now lives in tamworth and i have not spoken or seen him in many years
yes i will never forget tommy and is family and of jean ;
best wishes Astonian ;;;;;

I remember tommy very very well good comic window cleaner by day me member of The old bdxaa club in witton where all the acts met it was there social club l was a me member for tears great club large dance hall bug stage 2 full sized snooker tables upstairs great acts in them dad too if the bill was bob hatch .lew Allen great comic later became steward of the club Kevin smith tommy smith
Tommy passed away doing his window cleaning round of heart attack went yo many a club with an to watch him
Bob hatch top bham comedian used to do a week every year at the then windmill club in London with the likes of tommy cooper Eric Sykes etc
Tommy used to wear a cap on stage an inside was notes if fags in case he forgot his gags simply took it off glanced down saw the gag an was away again also at that time an 4 years later steve ford was a top comic his little line An we ad a dance was built into hus act all night great comedian
Hooe that helps a bit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow.... thank you so much for your message about my granddad Tom. I've just come off the phone from my dad (Tom's son) and he is also very moved by your words. Please send me a private message with your contact details because I would love to ask you more about Tom, who died 1 year before I was born. Thanks so very much for your kind words and memories xx

Back