• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

College Arms Stratford Road

College Arms seems to ring a bell, can anyone confirm?

Here you go.:beam:
Lost photo replaced, not necessarily the same one
Sparkhill Stratford Rd - Shaftmoor Lane College Arms (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it was or has been boarded up, not sure if its still open. Not the pub it used to be gone down hill like so many others.

hi spark hill lad
do you remember the irsh lad whom used to run it afew years back
is name was dermott and old friend of mine
he kept it good he was a good manager on our team he and thirty other gather,s went to dulin anlong with the gather from the brittain
he was a little chap and ex boxer but in the end of the day he never ended up punch drunk as the old saying goes but sloshed drunk
getting back to the colledge the only reason why drmott left was we had a new area manager and he was always argueng with him
so dermott resigned and opened up a little bussines on the stratford rd oppersitte garratts second shops in office furtiture
and since then i presumed it went to the dogs as the pld saying go,s
best wishes astonion ;;;

Thanks for the info Astonian. I left Brum in 1962 and had only just started learning about the benifits of beer.
I posted the question to remind myself what the name of the pub was.
I hope Dermott did well after his second business closed wherever he is.
Sparkhill Boy.

Back