• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Clements Harriet

kc

master brummie
Hi all
I'm not sure where to place this search I'm looking for help regarding harriet clements born 1861 father Charles Clements any info would be a help regarding this side of the family harriet marriage was to samuel harris in1879 Birmingham
Thank

Going back or forward?

Harriet appears to be the daughter of Charles Clements and Sarah Ware/Warr. Charles was born in London and was a coachmaker. Sarah was born in Bridgwater, Somerset.

Thank you for that info regarding Charles I shall try and find more about this person

Sarah is baptised as Sarah Weare in Bridgwater 1824, the daughter of Thomas Ware and Elizabeth Hurford.

In 1841 the family are living in Bridgwater but in 1851, parents and some (if not all) siblings are in Aston.

• Appreciate
Reactions: kc
Charles is a little more uncertain but there's a Charles in Newington St Mary in 1841. Parents appear to be William and Harriet.

• Appreciate
And if the occupation for Charles' father reads "Wheeler" then it is possible that Charles' parents were both from Somerset also.

Which would be a bit of a coincidence or maybe a connection.

• Appreciate
And if the occupation for Charles' father reads "Wheeler" then it is possible that Charles' parents were both from Somerset also.

Which would be a bit of a coincidence or maybe a connection.
I thought it said "wheeler" as occupation although not very clear.

The father of the Charles Clements I found in 1841 is listed as a Wheelwright from Preston, Somerset on the 1851 census.

Preston is about 5 miles west of Bridgwater.

Back