• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Clarendon Street Aston

ET55, I am Clarendon Street born and bred, sorry to say I have yet to find a view of that part of the street, all I can remember of the house's around that part was very long entries with bigger than average gardens which I think lead on to the Retreat, Britain from Above web site has a very good photo of that area from 1938, I am not sure if I or some else posted the said photo on here somewhere, in fact I have used the photo for my mouse mat,
Thank you for trying anyway. I have seen the Aerial View and I had an idea of where #38 might be - your description helps a lot.
Anyone heard of a Harry Evans from the area, by the way? I can't find him anywhere.

Thank you for trying anyway. I have seen the Aerial View and I had an idea of where #38 might be - your description helps a lot.
Anyone heard of a Harry Evans from the area, by the way? I can't find him anywhere.

From what time frame? What details do you have?

It may be better to start a new thread under surname interests. It's likely to get more notice and it'll stop this thread from going off topic.

From what time frame? What details do you have?

It may be better to start a new thread under surname interests. It's likely to get more notice and it'll stop this thread from going off topic.
Thank you MWS - I didn't know I could do that. Meantime: Harry Evans was a "regular visitor" to Nellie Walker at number 38 Clarendon Street from around 1915 to 1920. He was named in a divorce petition, that failed through lack of evidence in 1922.

Back