• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

CITY CENTRE CAR PARK CLOSED

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
to save a wasted journey this useful car park is now closed and due to be demolished to make way for new housing..can quite understand why people are complaining...it was very useful when going to the library

to save a wasted journey this useful car park is now closed and due to be demolished to make way for new housing..can quite understand why people are complaining...it was very useful when going to the library

Are they going to replace the parking? The new housing will also need more parking I would assume.

This does not surprise me the intention in this type of move is to get people using public transport rather than cars into the city centre. Does not really help those that struggle with walking to get to the nearest bus stops. I need my car more than ever with one knee replacement and another pending.

This does not surprise me the intention in this type of move is to get people using public transport rather than cars into the city centre. Does not really help those that struggle with walking to get to the nearest bus stops. I need my car more than ever with one knee replacement and another pending.
Janet, I have two knees and two hips, I know exactly what you mean.

understand jan...i have 2 knees pending...intended to visit the library soon so no idea as yet where we can park..no thought for the elderly and disabled and i have said for some years now that the plan is to rid the city of people except for the young and fit..

lyn

The plans for the site
Brindley Drive Multi-storey Car Park, Brindley Drive, Birmingham, B12NBErection of a 46 storey tower and a 15 storey tower to include 581residential apartments (Use Class C3), with residential amenity space,associated engineering and enabling works, including site clearance
1695922120921.png

The plans for the site
Brindley Drive Multi-storey Car Park, Brindley Drive, Birmingham, B12NBErection of a 46 storey tower and a 15 storey tower to include 581residential apartments (Use Class C3), with residential amenity space,associated engineering and enabling works, including site clearance
View attachment 184837
46 storys ? would not catch me living in one...it was bad enough when i lived on the 7th floor of a block of flats

lyn

There were 233 pages on the main planning application. Plus a lot of extra applications to do with removal of materials etc.
Do we really need 581 residential apartments?

46 storys ? would not catch me living in one...it was bad enough when i lived on the 7th floor of a block of flats

lyn
Count me in on that! We have a 2 story house but everything we need is or the first floor. We go upstairs occasionally when we have visitors, we like it that way.

There were 233 pages on the main planning application. Plus a lot of extra applications to do with removal of materials etc.
Do we really need 581 residential apartments?
plus the 1750 flats planned when the ringway is demolished and the 3000 homes planned for the ground that the tower ballroom stood on... :rolleyes:

lyn

Back