• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Chester Road Pub

brummie nick

master brummie
Can anyone tell me the former name of the Place 2B pub?
I've been up the allotment today, and four of us have been puzzling our brains thinking about it.:rolleyes:

Mossy,he got run over-on purpose. It's a murder inquiry. Two men have been held by the police. Friends son was only 21.

Used to drink there a lot in the 70's and I always thought it was "The Oscott Arms" after the Oscott Coat of Arms on the monastry (College) gate opposite the pub, but now Iv'e seen Mossy has written the word Tavern I think he may be right.

Brummie Nick will make enquiries and take a photo of the pub when we pass it in the morning. Is it owned by the former reporter Ashley Blake who's trial was or is this week for assault. The pub is next to the garden center. Jayne so sorry about your friends son no age at all. Bye. Jean.

Can anyone tell me the former name of the Place 2B pub?
I've been up the allotment today, and four of us have been puzzling our brains thinking about it.:rolleyes:
Didnt think it was the Oscott, it has changed names a few times is it the place once owned by tat BBC Reporter who seems to have been absent from the screen due to an incident last year?

Here is a photo of the Place 2B pub. I believe that Antrobus Road and Court Lane
are close by. Didn't it used to be a Harvester Restaurant. Sorry can't remember the original name.

I read the story about the young man being killed and I was so saddened. Condolences to all involved. The anger in some young people is frightening and
getting worse all the time. I despair about this all the time because of the lightening
way some of them react and the consequences are simply heartbreaking

Attachments

• Sutton Place 2B Chester Rd .jpg
    Sutton Place 2B Chester Rd .jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 10
Back