• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cheshire - William 1930's + WWII

bigjohnuk

knowlegable brummie
Hi

Has anyone got any pictures of the Birmingham Fire Service which may include a picture of my Grandfater William (Bill) Cheshire. He also was in the Fire Service band playing Clarinet. He was in the service during the second world war and afterwards. His wife Lily worked in the Fire Service also during the war as an Operator for the phones to take calls and direct fire engines. I also know that William would jump on the fire truck as it pasted his house.

Cheers

John

Suggest you try the West Midlands Fire Service Community Heritage Group. Go to their website and click 'heritage' and leave your message.

The WMFS Community Heritage Group have a photograph of the band with CFO Tozer and would be please to show it to you if you contact them. Perhaps your Grandad is on that ! The above e-mail address is correct or e-mail me at ian.forrester @ wmfs.net.

The WMFS Community Heritage Group have a photograph of the band with CFO Tozer and would be please to show it to you if you contact them. Perhaps your Grandad is on that ! The above e-mail address is correct or e-mail me at ian.forrester @ wmfs.net.

Hi Many thanks for this. I have emailed them.

Kind regards

John

Back