• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Cheshire family Wenman Street Balsall Heath

Terry C

I should have done this many many years ago however...
Does anyone have anything about my mother, Doris whose surname would have been Cheshire or her family father William, mother Hettie, sisters Ivy and Winifred. My mom was born and raised in Mount Peasant, I believe. She will be 100 years old in November and we are going to celebrate!
Anything at all would be great about the family, friends, neighbours - whatever.
Thank you in advance.
Terry Carroll

Terry. I have edited the title of your thread to include the family name. I hope that’s ok with you. I’ve also moved it to our surname interests section. That way it will be more easily picked up and hopefully members will be able to help you. Viv.

In 1930 and 1935 William Thomas Cheshire was at 12 Mount Terrace, Wenman St, shown in red on the map below. You can see the terrace was behind the Crown pub. A photo of the Crown and of the Mount Terrace are below, though later than the 1930s

map c1952 showing 12 Mount terrace wenman st.jpgBalsall%20Heath%20Crown%20Balsall%20Heath%20wenman%20St.jpgmount terrace wenman st.jpg

Was William married previously (to Lizzie Millward)? If so appears to have had a number of children with her - including Flora, Elsie, Hilda & Lizzie.

Apologies for the VERY late reply.
Yes that was my grandads first family.
After Lizzies death he remarried to Harriet King and two more children ~ my mom Doris and her sister Winifred.
My mom is still alive aged 101!
Grateful for a thing further.
Regards

101, Wow!

It's possible that William (Thomas) Cheshire was the son of William Carpenter Cheshire and Sarah Hunt. William Carpenter Cheshire being the illegitimate son of Isabella Carpenter and I guess a Mr Cheshire.

Would need to compare the details on William and Sarah's marriage to see if the father's match.

Back