• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Charles Alfred BAKER married Eva Mary BYRNE...

M

Marlene

Removed as a result of persons unknown complaining to Administrator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Marlene,

I lived on the corner of Hob Moor Croft and Hob Moor Road from 1940 until 1960 and am trying to remember the folk who lived 'Up the Croft'. I will check the electoral roll for the Croft next time I am in Birmingham and let you know if any bells start to ring.

Hi Marlene,
I have just written you a long description of the Hob Moor Road and Hob Moor Croft area and it wouldn't post. A message came up that said I wasn't logged in, I was, so what went wrong - don't know - I wish I was a bit more technical. Briefley, Hob Moor Croft was a cul-de-sac of about 60 semi detached houses all owner occupiers as far as I know. Hob Moor Road was about a mile and half in length and as far as I can remember had victorian type terrace houses at the far end which could have been owner occupiers or rented, then there was quite an estate of council houses and just at the Yardley end were about 24 pairs of owner occupier semi detached houses taking the numbers up to about 551 on our side of the road. Number 137 may have been one of the victorian type or may just have been a council house. Hope this helps, I will try to post this again - with fingers crossed!! Will look to see if I have any photo's for you.

Back