• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Caravanning

R

Rod

If your into camping, or caravaning then Jacksons is a veritable Alladins Cave of treasures. Our very own Postie let me know theyre having a weekend with 10% off so its worth having a peep for bits for our caravan.

https://www.jacksonscamping.com/

Great place Rod (even for a confirmed non caravanner who needed a tow hitch) as my friends would verify. Sadly they are on Holiday in Oz so will miss this extravaganza but I will be sure to tell them when they get back.

Seriously I found them good on price and even better on helpfulness and service.

Thanks Rod,Jacksons has been our first port of call for anything Caravanny for years now.

Just remembered I found a very helpful on-line place that do camping and caravanning stuff - will try to find it again.

We have shopped at Jackson's for 37 years, now we don't live so close we shop online, super place, nice family.

changed a bit since it had the little shop in the village with pots, pans and all things camping hanging down from the ceiling!

My wife and I go there now and then too have a nose round, bit pricey though, even with the 10% off:rolleyes:

I used to think Jacksons were pricey till I had a need to buy one or two items for my caravan. I purchased then with a Discount card from GoOutdoors at Coventry, goodness I wished I'd shopped at Jacksons. I know that some items they sell are on or near RRP but they do sell a lot of things you cant buy elsewhere. They also sell some second hand items, which at least you can examine before you buy.

Postie told me this evening of a heater thats a good bit cheaper elsewhere as compared with Jacksons, but I guess its horses for courses. I needed a clip for my fridge vent, and a cover for a water pump hook up point, jacksons were a lot cheaper. I do like looking around the place too, so many nooks and crannies with a bargain or two here and there.

I have an older tourer Frothy. Its our first time at vanning. Weve been avid campers for many years, but guess we are now "Of An Age" to have a bit more comfort.

I used to have a caravan, toured around for years when the kids were small. Caravaning never got out of my system, must me the Gypsy in me:)
I've been thinking of getting another but, I suppose my 1.4 V reg Astra wouldn't be up to pulling much:(

frothy...ive always fancied travelling round like that..just never got round to it.....maybe we could set up an old age travellers society:D:D:D

lyn

froth... i think my suggestion of old age travellers society is the best.....

OATS FOR SHORT...:D:D:D

lol baron...it reminds me of me youth as well....mom was always shovelling the porridge down us in the winter....

lyn:):):)

speak for yerself froth.....lol..im off now...my turn for dads hospital visit....

catch you all later...

lyn:)

This is our HOLIDAY HOME from HOME (in a BOX) This one in Cornwall, Bet rowan know were this SPOT is?:thumbsup:
had some fantastic hols over the years:coolcheesy:
sorry pics not right way up!!!!!

Last edited:
This is our HOLIDAY HOME from HOME (in a BOX) This one in Cornwall, Bet rowan know were this SPOT is?:thumbsup:
had some fantastic hols over the years:coolcheesy:
sorry pics not right way up!!!!!

So you wasn't half way to Australia thenlol
Now would that be anywhere near Hayle, Beachside perhaps looking over at St.Ives?

Darby thanks so much, I'll have a look at it after tea. I had a quick peep, I can see Ill be engrosed for some time looking at it all. Thank You so much

Back