• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bussell, Baker, 17 Cromwell St, 1881.

Strawberry Hunter

master brummie
This name is connected to the research I'm doing on a Strawbridge Baker in Bolton Road, S Heath.

Any maps or info from that time would be great if possible.

It looks like the census lists them at bk 17 Cromwell St. This map is from 1891. I think pink dot is no. 17 and there are 6 back houses (green dots) listed on the 1891 census...

0 - Cromwell St.jpg

That's great. Thank you. I could spend ages and ages looking at the maps that I get from this forum.

Those streets lined with boxes, which is all they are on the map. But then realisation sets in about how much life was lived there. Unbelievable really.

i see the white hart pub is on the corner of the map....kat i think there is a photo on the cromwell st thread looking right down the street from the pub which is also on the same side as no 17 which i think is in view but difficult to pinpoint as its a distance away

lyn

Last edited:
Back