• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Buriels for Sarah Capper Jones and Alice Champken

gingerninja

knowlegable brummie
This is my first time on the forum and I am hoping the somebody can help help find out where my ancestors are buried.

My GT GT Grandmother, Sarah Capper Jones of Jones Capper died on the 16th December 1909 at 4 Richmond Terrace, Ashley Street aged 60. She also lived in Claybrook Street (1891) and Skinner Lane (1901).

My Gt Aunt Alice Champken nee Jones last known address 258 Summer Lane (1901 census), died between 1901 and 1911, could be about 40 years old, but her age kept changing.

I would love to find out their resting places, then maybe other members of the family could be buried near.

Thanks

Sarah Jones Capper, was intered at Lodge Hill Cemetery in a communial grtave on 22 December 1909 on section C9 Grave number 444.

Regards. Dennis Capper.
Sarah's Great grandson.

Alice M Champken
Born abt 1870
Died JFM 1910 Bham reference 6d 103
Age at death: 40
It has been recorded on Ancestry as ChampLen

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne

Thanks for the information, Alice is my Great Aunt formerly Alice Jones, we've finally tracked down where her mum Sarah is buried, we are hopefully going this week, when we are there we may see if we can have a look at the records to see if we can find her buriel, her husband went on remarried and had quite a large family.

Regards

ginger

Back