• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brummie comedians and comedy character actors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumrocks

proper brummie kid
I've already started a thread titled Brummie comedians but I added Frank Skinner in the title by mistake so I'm starting this new one to keep it more general.

This is a useful thread containing helpful contributions and adding to our knowledge of Birmingham history. There is however a bit of concern amongst Mods that it will develop into nothing more than a Facebook-type "chat". We would like to get something solid, valuable and, most important of all, readily accessible out of it.

Brumrocks - as you initiated the thread, I wonder if you could help by coordinating the responses and perhaps creating a definitive list of Birmingham comedians from the various contributions. The latter could be contained in a specific post within this thread which you could update/add to as and when additional information comes in. Just full name - year of birth and/or lifespan - Birmingham place of birth. No personal experiences or other information at this stage.

Definitions:
By "Birmingham place of birth" we mean: within the Birmingham boundary or in IMMEDIATELY adjoining areas.
By "Comedians", we mean: traditional stand-up performers AND comedy character actors (which will include people like Julie Walters and Ian Lavender).

When we have a fairly comprehensive list - created from the combined knowledge and memory of our many members - Mods can decide both how best to use the summary within the Forum - dedicated threads dealing with individuals, perhaps, where they don't already exist; and also how to ensure it is a searchable resource available to members and googleable by the world at large.

Let's try and create something definitive, comprehensive and new!

Chris

I have locked this thread for discussion with my fellow moderators.
I have also deleted any posts other than those of Comedians names and birth records.
Could I draw the attention of all members to the Forum rules especially , the Role of the Moderators, section 6 , A Brief reminder.

Alberta.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back