• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Browser Locked

Moved from Genealogy Section.

Can you explain a little more please? What operating system are you using and a screen print of the message if possible. On the little information supplied it looks more like a scam. I would suggest running the following - Anti Virus and then Malwarebytes to check for nasties.

Others may have better ideas but only once more info, as above, is supplied please.

BernardR

I have seen this message on my sons computer.

It is a scam, so you may have a virus or malware on your computer.

If you are using Internet Explorer on Windows them force the browser to close as follows:

Press these three button all at the same time - Ctrl then Alt then Delete (hold them all down as you press them).

You get a window up so select Start Task Manager

In the Task Manager window select the Process tab

Select the Image Name column to sort them by name.

Select any row that says iexplore.exe (there will probably be more than one) then press the End Process button in the bottom right.

The iexplore should go from the list.

Keep selecting each iexplore one by one till they have all gone from the list. This will force your browser to close.

Note this will only work for Internet Explorer as other browsers will not be called iexplore.exe

Now run any anti virus or malware/spyware program you have on your computer.

This may get rid of it.

But also clear out all your browser temporary files (using options on the browser menu).

Shut down the PC and start it up again, then run all you anti virus and other security software again just to make sure it is gone.

Back