• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Broomhall family. Staffordhshire to Birmingham

val

knowlegable brummie
Hi everyone. I am interested in the Broomhall family. Thomas Broomhall a gunsmith born 1840 in Staffordshire, that moved to Birmingham and married an Alice masters. Their children were, John b1892, Mark b1897 , Marry Ann ( married a Harry Walker) Harriet b1890 d1891. There are other children of Thomas ( I think) but its all a bit confusing! The family lived in Watery lane, garrison lane, and witton street. Any help much appreciated!

Hi Val, is this your man, 1891 Census --

Name:Thomas Broomhall
Spouse's Name:Alice
Where born:Short Heath, Staffordshire, England
Civil Parish:Aston Ecclesiastical parish:St Andrew Town: Bordesley County/Island:Warwickshire Country:England
Street address: Looks like Wilton St (43) to me

Registration district:Aston
Sub registration district: Deritend
ED, institution, or vessel:70

Household Members:NameAge
Thomas Broomhall
Alice Broomhall
Hannah Broomhall
Mary A Broomhall
Herbert Broomhall
Harriet Broomhall
6/12

bren

1901 Census --

Name:Thomas Broomhall
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1840
Relation:Head
Spouse's Name:Alice
Where born:Short Heath, Staffordshire, England
Civil Parish:Aston Ecclesiastical parish:St Andrew County/Island:Warwickshire Country:England
Street address: 9Ct 4Hse Garrison St

Registration district:Aston
Sub registration district: Deritend
ED, institution, or vessel:77

Household schedule number:95
Household Members:NameAge
Thomas Broomhall
Alice Broomhall
John Broomhall
Mark Broomhall
Mary A Walker
Harry Walker

If you want earlier Census let us know

bren

Hi Bren, thats really good of you too look, but I already have all that, was just hoping that someone else may have connections with them. Thanks again!

You may have this already, but --

Thomas Broomhall/Alice Masters 4th qtr 1888 Birmingham 6d 71

bren

Hello

I know this thread is several years old but I have just had my family tree traced and I am Thomas Broomhall is my 3rd great grandfather on my paternal side

there was a broomhall familey how lived in Duxford Rd. Great barr, they had two sons and one daughter, her name was Madalane this was in the 40s they where a bit posh they had a car which not many people had in those days,

Back