• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Boxing Day 1964

mbenne

master brummie
A little late but still topical, I hope. Always had a family get together at my grandparents', Gospel Lane, the day after Christmas. Being an only child it was a chance to meet up with my cousins - they lived quite a way away so I only used to see them at Easter, on summer holidays and Xmas.

The Sound track is from a different era but still evokes memories of earlier years. Included a clip of my eldest cousin playing guitar from a recent whatsapp video - he's now 71 and I'm still trying to catch him up:D

fantastic thanks for sharing..have you posted this before as it seems familiar to me...mind you the memory is not what is was :D

lyn

fantastic thanks for sharing..have you posted this before as it seems familiar to me...mind you the memory is not what is was :D

lyn
I was just wondering whether I had but checked my posts and couldn't find it. Have been digitising a lot of 8mm films lately from 1960s and they all seem to be rolling into one:rolleyes:
Happy New Year!

happy new year to you and yours jim....is that you in the v neck jumper and who is that adorable little baby...footage like this must be treasured...wish i had some of my family from the 60s

ly

In the V neck jumper is my eldest cousin, the one in the Whatsapp clip. I'm in the red jumper, now 3 years older than my grandad was when the film was taken - he was bn 31st Dec 1898. The baby is my youngest cousin, now 58o_O

In the V neck jumper is my eldest cousin, the one in the Whatsapp clip. I'm in the red jumper, now 3 years older than my grandad was when the film was taken - he was bn 31st Dec 1898. The baby is my youngest cousin, now 58o_O
thanks jim....as said these films are brilliant please put more on when you can

lyn

A little late but still topical, I hope. Always had a family get together at my grandparents', Gospel Lane, the day after Christmas. Being an only child it was a chance to meet up with my cousins - they lived quite a way away so I only used to see them at Easter, on summer holidays and Xmas.

The Sound track is from a different era but still evokes memories of earlier years. Included a clip of my eldest cousin playing guitar from a recent whatsapp video - he's now 71 and I'm still trying to catch him up:D

Truly a great memory! A very Merry Christmas indeed!

I was just wondering whether I had but checked my posts and couldn't find it. Have been digitising a lot of 8mm films lately from 1960s and they all seem to be rolling into one:rolleyes:
Happy New Year!
you did in 2020 but its good to see it again

Back