• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bosward family.

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Information for new member janeytg

Hannah Bosward death registered Birmingham June 1879 ,age 59
James Joseph Bosward, death registered Birmingham March 1888 ,age 70

1871 census

50 Chester street , Birmingham.

James Bosward age 63 b westminster, middx, Pattern maker
Hannah , wife age 51 b. Birmingham
James age 20, b Birmingham , Japaner
Caroline 18, "
William 10, "
Ann mary 7 "

1881,census,

12 Lower King Edwards street, Ladywood , birmingham

James J Bosward, age 63 , widower, b London, Engine model maker
Caroline Redwood age 28, widow, daughter , b Birmingham
William bosward age 20 son b Birmingham , saddle maker
Ann m age 17 daughter b Birmingham
Edwin REdwood age 8 ,grandson , b birmingham

HI ALBERTA

Thank you so very much for your reply to my quest for my Bosward family.Sorry i posted it in the wrong forum.
i do see the corrections and that is good to know.The son William age 20 on 1881 census is my late father-in-law's father.he went on to marry in 1897 in Birmingham .I have a list of the family buried at Witton Cem and wonder if anyone can tell me how or where I can get a note of their burial sites.I have asked for photos of the headstones if possible but need to pass on the location.
Can anyone tell me if the cemetery is now open to the public. Thank you all very much.

Kind regards
Jane

Back