• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

booker family

J

justine

My great grandfather was called James Booker, he married Hannah Sophia Butler in 1873, trying to find out if he had any siblings and descendants from them, they lived in Selly Oak towards the end of their lives, can anyone help:)

My Mother was descended from Thomas St Lawrence Hunter Booker, of Denchworth, Berkshire. They must have come to the Birmingham area as her mother, Hilda Wolverson nee Booker and siblings were born in various districts of Birmingham and Smethwick.
I don't have much else on the family, Hilda's sibling's descendants etc, or a James, but the Booker line seems strong in Berkshire.
Do you know of any close relatives to James?

in 1841 james mother and father and family were in bloxwich
william booker 25
mary booker 25
eliza 6
david 3
henry 3 mths

in 1851 family as follows still in bloxwich
william 40 mary 37 henry 10 harriet 7 william 5 james 1

in 1861 still in bloxwich william 50 mary 46 james 11 enoch 9
charles craddock son in law 24 (a coal miner) harriet craddock nee booker 17 steven craddock 2 wks joseph craddock (widow) 51 and his daughter sarah ann craddock 11

in 1871 bloxwich william booker 60 mary 58 harriet craddock 27 (not a widow still married) james booker 21 and harriets children charles craddock 1 and william 1 wk.

in 1881 james was now married but he is listed as john booker

he was living at heaton street bloxwich ... family as follows

john booker 30 wife hannah sophia booker 27 and son william james 7 mths.

so james had quite a few siblings. chris

Thanks Christine, I had seen the census with the family on 1841.1851 and 1861, just wondered if any decendants were still around Bloxwich or Birmingham. Thanks again

I've got no trace of any of those - do you have anything earlier?
My line, Thos. St L.H. Booker came from Denchworth, Berkshire and married Alice Frazier from Aston. I just wonder if any of his siblings came earlier, or ditto for his father's siblings.

Back