• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

BOOK - can't find this book anywhere?

Strawberry Hunter

master brummie
I'm trying to find a book called The Strawbridge's of Stockland and Beyond by Bryan Drew.

Perhaps not many copies of this book were published? If anyone knows where I could find this book, please let me know.

I'm trying to find a book called The Strawbridge's of Stockland and Beyond by Bryan Drew.

Perhaps not many copies of this book were published? If anyone knows where I could find this book, please let me know.
Is this the one?

There's a Parish Councillor in Stockland, Devon by the name of Bryan Drew. His email address is online. Could he be the author? Very probably so. Why not try contacting him?

Chris

When I googled his name it came up linked to a retired history teacher and someone interested in local politics but I couldn't tell if it was the right person or not.

Have you tried checking online book marketplaces or reaching out to local libraries or used bookstores? Sometimes they can help track down elusive titles.
Also, if you're looking for something new to read while you search, Emily Henry books offer a wonderful escape into heartfelt stories with engaging characters and captivating plots.
Wishing you luck in your search for The Strawbridge's of Stockland and Beyond, and happy reading, whether you're diving into rare finds or exploring new narratives!

Last edited:
Did you manage to get a copy of this book - took me ages but I eventually sourced a copy - it is very interesting if you are a Strawbridge - my ancestors, grandparents and Aunts and Uncles are in it - wish there was an updated version to cover last twenty years

Back