• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bogarts

pam m

master brummie
hi, does anyone remember this pub?, i went there in 79/80 with my friend Joanne Eaton who sadly tragicly died not long after then, we were thrown out as my friend decided to put er finger up at the bouncer lol great pub, when we could smoke n let our hair down n booze was cheap, if anyone has any photos to share i would love to see them :)

Hi, John yes i think bogarts was upstairs n the beer keller down lol, i remember the beer keller had wooden benches n strong lager lol, alot of hen nights was celebrated in there :)

:( nods indeed, very strong lager. A party of us went there to celebrate passing our finals... 7 litre steins of lager went down my throat that night, so legless was I that I got seperated from the party and decided to stagger home to Aldridge on my own. I managed to reach an underpass and collapsed, my only night ever in police cells :sick:
I learnt my lesson..not a drop of alcohol has passed my lips since 1976:rolleyes: honest your honour!

I had a similar experience John and not a drop of alcohol has passed my lips since 1955.Thats five to eight pm.

Never went there but my son and friends got thrown out for dancing on the tables - they complained that it was OK in Munich Bier Kellers so why not in Brum? Fair point I thought.

Bier Kellar was downstairs, sold Dortmunder Union Bier, still got an ashtray somewhere...lol

Upstairs was mostly under age - looking pseudo hippies with Led Zeppelin wrotten in Biro on the backs of their denim jackets. Not sure, but I think it was closed down on account of fire safety issues. ie only one entrance and a lack of fire escapes.

hi, does anyone remember this pub?, i went there in 79/80 with my friend Joanne Eaton who sadly tragicly died not long after then, we were thrown out as my friend decided to put er finger up at the bouncer lol great pub, when we could smoke n let our hair down n booze was cheap, if anyone has any photos to share i would love to see them :)
Nuthin wrong with Biro on denim lol. I was a frequent visitor there. Upstairs, the ashtray was the floor as I recall. There are some pictures and many peoples memories of this cool place on https://www.birminghammusicarchive.com/bogarts/ I wish it was still going actually...

I started going here in 1974. I don't know when this photograph was taken.
29214408_10216013416874055_5711186380504170496_n.jpg

nice one BB looks to be about the 70s to me and the band played on after the bar had closed:D

lyn

Often frequented Bogarts with my brother. Always drank Newcastle Brown from the bottle,kept your thumb over the end to prevent anything exotic being popped in. Usually full of rockers,made the mistake of visiting dressed in a parka one night. I think it was only the fact that I was wearing the chrome Bogarts badge that saved me from being filled in.

Happy (drunken)days.

Back