• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

BMD index question????

les hancock

master brummie
This may be a silly question but I have got to ask it.

Found my great aunts marriage index on ancestry Rosa Hancock m.1898 3rd quarter 6d page 477.

Question is....how do I go about finding the person she married with the above information:redface:

Looks like it could be George Woodward she married as 1911 has them married 12 years. Rosa was born 1877 Bham, George was born 1877 Eanor, Near Derby, and he is a woodcutting machinist. They have 2 children, Horace born 1903 bham and Rosa born 1908 Bham. Their address is 10 Millward St, Aston.

Suzanne

The 1901 has the two of them living at 93 Eversley Rd, Aston. George was born HEANOR, Derby and he is a builder's wood machinist.

Suzanne

:)

Edwin T Hunt married Emma KEYTE, the other lady on the index. This is backed up by the 1911 where Emma HUNT is a widow, (as the 1901 shows her husband Edwin was a great deal older than her) and she is living with her mom and dad John and Emma KEYTE.

Suzanne

Thanks Every one for such prompt replies yet again. Smtr(Suzanne) thanks for that 1911 census. this is the family as all the Hancocks tend to drift back to millward st from where they originated. There were Hancocks living in this street for nearly 60 yrs. Thanks again to you all .......Les

Back