• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

bloomsbury st police station

Lyn,

It really is a lovely photo. They do not build like that now. Mainly chunks of concrete with a flat roof. Where have all our tradesmen gone? I served at Bloomsbury Street for a short time in the 1950s. The officers in singlemens quarters had to be in by midnight. However Lingard Street Fire Station was at the back. Any single man returning after the witching hour would go through the fire station yard, climb over the wall and enter the police station through the back door. Quite often the station officer knew but took no notice

Old Boy

i agree old boy...i also like the houses each side of the station....thanks for the memories...those were the days ehh....

lyn

Wasn't it much nicer when you had shops houses& even factory's all in one Street,its still like that in places, but i don't know anywhere in Birmingham like it,Edinburgh has a lot of places like that

Back