• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Black patch

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
THIS IS FROM THE LATE 1800s

Attachments

• black patch 2.JPG
    black patch 2.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Postie, I am new to the site, but am really interested in anything about the "Black Patch" I could not bring up the Photo on this post. can you send it again? Thanks joy hallam smith

OKIE DOKIE, Joy, just for you

Attachments

• black patch.JPG
    black patch.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 3
Postie, What a week! to see those two files you sent and not be able to access them. I did get through today and can see just two thumb nail snap shots, did you take the files of the net? I am working with an old lap top at the moment, and am also limited on what I can do. We hope to get the good computer/printer back on line next week, I am more familiar with it, and will contact you again, Thanks. joy hallam smith

I'm Back...Still having computer problems, just wanted to say Hi! whilst I can. Joy

hi postie you have some great pics !! do you have any of whitehouse coachbuilders on corner of ridley st opposite st thomas's school, i am intrigued, thnx

Hello I am doing a family tree my dads gran was zipporah sapord smith, married to Ezekiel or hezekiel, so far I have found out his dad was jon smith 1861,1940. his dad was john smith 1839 1909 married caroline lovell......john dad was esher esau smth and mom sentinia h smith. my dad told me that they lived on the black patch. need some help if anyone knows about zipporah born 1883 1973 and Ezekiel born 1883 1973. also has anyone got any photos ??

Hello Steve, there is another thread...Black Patch...I can't remember how to put the link but it comes up with the search bar. It has quite a lot of information.
I have the book "Brumroamin" and it's interesting. My husband is distantly related to Esau and Centenia too and it gets very complicated!!
Ted Rudge used to have a website with lots of photos but I haven't looked at it for a while.
rosie.

thank you Rose, The King and Queen is my 4th Great gran parents, my great gran parents which was Zipporah who married Hezekiah Smith, my family tree takes me back to my 5th great granddad on Zipporah side but the from Hezekiah side onwards stops, that's the help I am looking for. I have ordered the book you have. I will have a look at what you say. many thanks
Hello Steve, there is another thread...Black Patch...I can't remember how to put the link but it comes up with the search bar. It has quite a lot of information.
I have the book "Brumroamin" and it's interesting. My husband is distantly related to Esau and Centenia too and it gets very complicated!!
Ted Rudge used to have a website with lots of photos but I haven't looked at it for a while.
rosie.

Hi, Does anyone know where there's a map showing the location of the Black Patch please? Parker asked me yesterday and although I've searched all my books I can't find one. Thanks.

Hi, Does anyone know where there's a map showing the location of the Black Patch please? Parker asked me yesterday and although I've searched all my books I can't find one. Thanks.
Sorry Folks, amendment to last request please. Should've said map 1900 or thereabouts. Only just had this bit of information. Thanks.

Lady P. It depends what information you are looking for. If just want to know the location just put Black Patch Smethwick into Google Maps

Hi David,

Thanks, I'll try that. I think the question I was asked was 'is the Black Patch the same size as it was at the beginning of the 20th century?' We have the up to date version in the A-Z and I was looking for an old map for comparison. Not too well up on these things but will consult Google. Thanks again.

Back