• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Black Grapes Black Grave/Greve/Greaves

tin123

Brummie babby
Hello I wonder if someone can help. Looking through 1861 Census for Wythall I came across an address 90 Black Grapes, shortly after Weatheroak Hill. I have surname connections with Martin at this address and also Coach and Horses Weatheroak, on other Census Returns. Was Black Grapes a pub, was Coach and Horses previously known as Black Grapes. Census doesn't say Black Graps is a pub, but it seems an odd name for a farm? Any help appreciated

Welcome to the forum.
We are willing to help although, strictly speaking, Wythall is outside of Birmingham. However, you will need to be a little clearer with what it is you are trying to find. Information, people, place on a map, etc?

Hello I wonder if someone can help. Looking through 1861 Census for Wythall I came across an address 90 Black Grapes, shortly after Weatheroak Hill. I have surname connections with Martin at this address and also Coach and Horses Weatheroak, on other Census Returns. Was Black Grapes a pub, was Coach and Horses previously known as Black Grapes. Census doesn't say Black Graps is a pub, but it seems an odd name for a farm? Any help appreciated
Thanks

Thanks for response. I just wondered if Coach and Horses, Weatheroak, was previously The Black Grapes, I have connections with both of these addresses and I am trying to confirm, if this was the case. or was The Black Grapes another pub in Weatheroak. I was hoping a bit of local knowledge may be able to confirm

Are you able to post the entry? I was trying to find it - have Coach and Horses but can't find Back Grapes.

Thanks very much I think that is the answer. It looked like Black Grapes, but described themselves as a farmer, so that makes sense. I made an assumption, based on too many publicans in the family tree. Thanks for your help

Back